I am 43 years old and I am from Reus.  I am an electronic technician in quality control in an automotive company.

I love electronics, I bought half of the “AliExpress” shop.

I also like avant-garde electronic music.  Every year I go to Sonar festival and I have DJ decks to play music with vinyl records. This is one of my hobbies.

I also like science fiction and horror movies.

I live very close to my parents and we have a close relationship.

On August 14, 2020 I suffered a stroke.  It was one night while I was taking a breath, I got dizzy and fell out of my chair.  I had a hard time getting to bed, but I didn’t tell anyone or call the emergency room.  The next morning I realized that I couldn’t hear from my right ear and also heard a constant ringing.  I also noticed that I had loss of balance. These symptoms were persistent however they were not very limiting.

I did not enter the hospital, I started treatment and returned to my normal life.  I used to live a very sedentary life, so I decided to start exercising more.

In October 2020, one day I noticed that my legs were sore, but I thought it was from walking uphill.  The pain didn’t go away, it increased, and some time later I felt difficulty when it came to urinating and having a bowel movement. At that time I was admitted to the hospital, from December 18th to  December 24th and was diagnosed with myelitis.  I had only heard of this disease once before as a Youtuber I was following also had this diagnosis.

A few months after being discharged from the hospital, I began to feel pain in my legs, it was neuropathic pain, but I didn’t know that at the time.  One day I fell due to loss of balance and sprained my ankle.  I couldn’t get up anymore.  I went to the emergency room and was admitted to the Reus Hospital for two and a half months.

The doctors did not know the cause and the corticosteroid treatment had no effect.  They did tests and more tests but the diagnosis was not clear either.  Meanwhile, the issue continued rising, until reaching my waist.

They made a puncture where the inflammation of the spinal cord was located and they detected some cells, but they could not identify them.  Finally, they did a bone marrow biopsy in Tarragona.  They told me that I had an autoimmune disease called plasmapheresis, but after a while they told me that I didn’t really have a clear diagnosis.

For two weeks, they gave me a treatment every other day, which consisted of centrifuging the blood to separate the plasma. They managed to stop the disease.

I started doing rehabilitation in Tarragona, and after a while I entered the Institute of Guttmann. It involved entering an unknown world, starting a new adventure.  Even so, I have been adapting and I am comfortable.

My plan now is not to make plans. To go little by little and see how far I can go. In principle I am discharged on October 1, although I would like to stay a little longer. Right now, I have hypersensitivity in some areas, neuropathic pain and I have no mobility in my feet. I am worried about what will come, I don’t know what my life will be like. Going out with friends, meeting girls, sexuality. Also, I don’t want to become the centre of attention.

¿Necesitas ayuda?